Design-driven innovation boosts growth, contributes to job creation and
encourages efficiency across different businesses sectors and public services.
Design for Europe aims to accelerate the adoption of design in innovation policies and support the creation of capacity and competencies to deliver these policies. Along with the activities targeted at policy makers, enterprises and the public sector, the project will provide a web-based platform to support peer-learning, networking and partnerships. To subscribe to the platform and receive up-to-date information and news about design from across Europe, click here.
The platform will act as a one-stop-shop for anyone interested in finding the latest tools and techniques for applying design, making connections with peers, and finding the latest research. It will also work alongside a programme of events for European business people, public service managers, and policymakers , including ones in Bulgaria. This will increase their awareness of design’s role in innovation and growth, and enable them to put what they learn into practice.
ARC Fund is primarily engaged in project activities related to:
- creating the online repository that will bring together knowledge and examples of design for innovation, from across the EU;
- building an active stakeholder community with representatives from all EU Member States;
- disseminating and sharing evidence on design innovation through dedicated seminars and workshops.
The development of the platform and engagement programme is co-financed by the
European Commission, under their Action Plan for Design-Driven Innovation. The
project started in January 2014 and will continue for three years. Design for
Europe project is implemented by a consortium of 14 organisations led by Design
Council (UK). ARC Fund will collaborate with the following partner
- Lancaster University, UK
- Birmingham City University, UK
- Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Danish Design Centre, Denmark
- NESTA, UK
- KEPA Business and Cultural Development Centre, Greece
- Invest Northern Ireland, UK
- Estonian Design Centre, Estonia
- Luxinnovation, Luxembourg
- La 27e Region, France
- dSola, Slovenia
- European Network of Living Labs
Prof. Teodora Georgieva: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nadejda Gantcheva: email@example.com