Greening BG Innovative SMEs aims to tackle environmental challenges by creating green business opportunities in Bulgaria that can accelerate the uptake of environmental technologies and increase local competitiveness.
Greening BG Innovative SMEs will accomplish its objective through the following activities:
- assessment of current technological activities in SMEs from the green perspective;
- policy and regulatory framework monitoring on socio-political, economic and technological developments in Europe;
- development of a self-assessment tool for SMEs on green behavior and performance;
- development of a tutorial facilitating Bulgarian SMEs on how to apply the tool on a continuous basis;
- pilot application of the self-assessment tool;
- awareness raising and demonstration events in green innovation via road show of regional business forums in the 6 planning regions of Bulgaria.
The project sets the Bulgarian SMEs as its major target group. The project strives to achieve widest possible outreach by opening up its activities to firms of micro, small and medium size, to all industrial sectors and by setting national geographical coverage. Policy makers from the government and the administration form the second target group of the project that will be addressed with the findings and policy recommendations of ARC Fund’s flagship Innovation.bg reports during the traditional Innovation Forums in 2014 and 2015.
Greening BG Innovative SMEs is funded under the Norway Funding Mechanism in Bulgaria and will last for 24 months. The project is being implemented in a consortium with Nordic Institute for Studies in Innovation, Research and Education (NIFU).
For additional information, please contact:
Tel.: +359 2 973 3000
Daniela Tchonkova, daniela.tchonkova(at)online(dot)bg
Plamen Shalafov, plamen.shalafov(at)online(dot)bg