ETNA Plus - European Transport Network Alliance
FP7 Programme, topic TPT.2012.3-1
ETNA Plus is a FP7 project that aims at advancing innovation in Transport by fostering trans-national cooperation. The project organises specific initiatives to raise awareness on the EU Transport R&I landscape and improve the level of expertise on EU funding tools.
ETNA Plus promotes the active participation of current and new actors and regions in EU Transport research calls and projects with focus on Horizon 2020. Horizon 2020 is the main EU’s financial instrument from 2014 to 2020 that aims at securing Europe's global competitiveness.
In terms of Transport, Horizon 2020 prioritises the following research areas:
- Making Transport sustainable
- Making Transport and Transport systems seamless
- Keeping European Transport competitive trough research.
To support trans-national cooperation and participation in transport projects ETNA Plus consortium will provide the following services:
- Prepare NCP network and European stakeholders for Horizon 2020
- Identify opportunities to promote trans-national Transport R&D.
- Map sources of public sector funding as well as debt and equity finance.
- Provide partner search facility for potential participants in Transport.
- Identify European and World Transport innovation strategies and best practices.
- Recognise barriers of trans-national cooperation and encourage integration.
- Organise and execute brokerage activities at EU and regional levels.
- Train NCPs through training sessions, forums and specialised twinning.
- Set up ETNA Academy to provide trainings to facilitate the transition from FP7 to Horizon 2020.
Partners in ETNA Plus consortium are National Contact Points and supporting organisations in the area of Transport like:
- Agenzia per la Promozione Della Ricerca Europea, Italy (Coordinator)
- Europe Recherche Transport, France
- Cliff Funnell Associates, UK
- Foundation For Research And Technology Hellas, Greece
- Instytut Podstawowych Problemow Techniki Polskiej Akademii Nauk, Poland
- Centro para el Desarrollo Tecnologico Industrial, Spain
- Autoritatea Nationala Pentru Cercetare Stiintifica, Romania
- Ministerie Van Economische Zaken, Landbouw En Innovatie, The Netherlands
- Tuev Rheinland Consulting Gmbh, Germany
- Zilinska Univerzita v Ziline, Slovakia
- Sihtasutus Eesti Teadusagentuur, Estonia
- Fundacao para a Ciencia e a Tecnologia, Portugal
- University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
- Panteia Bv, The Netherlands
- Applied Research and Communications Fund, Bulgaria
- Business-Innovation Croatian Agency, Croatia
ETNA Plus project started in January 2013 and has duration of 30 months.
More information about the project can be found at www.transport-ncps.net
Tel.: +359 2 9733000