|InterValue aimed to establish knowledge, support and inter-regional cooperation mechanisms aiming for the exploitation of the R&D potential in South Eastern Europe. The objective is to help
exploit academic research for the sake of R&D sustainability and regional development.
The adopted bottom-up approach allows interesting and valuable research to reach its market potential through a process of selection and promotion to relevant stakeholders. The focus is
on two major cross-cutting sectors of major importance to the region (Information and Telecommunication Technologies and Energy/Environmental Technologies) and will allow for at least
one other sector to be selected by each of the partners in the implementation phase.
The methodology adopted by the project includes the following
1. Identification of R&D results created by research centers in the region that have some market potential;
2. Creation of a transnational pool of experts that can offer their advice on market potential, technical feasibility, scientific relevance and funding opportunities;
3. Assessment by the experts of the market potential of selected R&D results;
4. Development of exploitation plans and valorization agreements for the most promising of the assessed R&D results and support of their valorization potential;
5. Systematically promote linkages between research and business through focused brokerage events.
These steps are complemented by a multilingual web 2.0 based knowledge suite, with complete methodological guides that clarify aspects to accomplish new product development and intellectual property management. The web platform is available at
ARC fund identified 42 promising research results that will be assessed and many of them will be supported on their way to the market.
Ms. Teodora Georgieva, teodora.georgieva(at)online(dot)bg