The first CityZen Impact Workshop 'Urban farming policy implications in the current economic system, business models and supply chains' will be held online on January 21st (9.45 am - 1 pm) and January 22nd (10am - 1pm), 2021.
On the first day, three external experts will give impulse presentations on urban farming, business models and technology and innovation:
- Urban farming business models - by Andrea Patrucco, Municipality of Milano – Urban Economy and Employment department, Italy
- Technology and Innovation for urban farming - by Eleftheria Gavriilidou, Aristotle University, Greece
- Applying creativity to urban farming business modelling in the new reality - by Antonio Carlos Ruiz Soria, Economia Creativa, Spain
On the second day, three practical case studies related to the topics from day 1 from our regions will be presented:
- Mertola Municipality’s (Portugal) set of measures to foster local urban farming initiatives
- Collaboration of Bulgarian Central Cooperative Union with schools to launch herb gardens and train young managers of cooperatives/urban farms (Bulgaria)
- Food Lab in Valladolid in support of local eco-producers and food chains
Lastly, policy recommendations based on all presentations and feedback rounds will be developed in working groups.
For further information, visit:
- the CityZen project website
- the Impact Workshop teaser video
- the CityZen YouTube channel