The Financial Manager reports directly to the Chairman and the Executive Director of the organization on all organizational and project-related financial matters. FM is responsible for providing support to (i) project management, which will be focused on the financial and administrative aspects of the implementation of ongoing contracts, as well as (ii) financial and budgeting issues to program managers and project managers during the development stage of project proposals.
The Financial Manager:
• Tracks the financial progress of all projects of the organization and its affiliated entity, analyzes project expenses as required by funding / donor organization, highlights budget deviations and provides financial analyses to the organization’s management;
• Prepares internal (to the senior management and program managers) and external reports (official reports according to the provisions in the projects’ contracts), provides overview on the status of project budgets’ implementation and forecasts on projects’ expenses on a quarterly basis. FM further maintains the time-recording (time-sheets) of the work accomplished by staff members working on projects;
• Checks invoices and expense claims received in order to ensure these are in line with the financial rules of the corresponding funding / donor organization as well as with the financial provisions in the projects’ contracts;
• Prepares the complete documentation for audits and actively participates in audits and expenditure verification;
• Monitors all payments coming from the funding / donor organizations on all projects;
• Corresponds on a regular basis with the financial managers of the projects’ partner organizations;
• Develops project budgets in line with the rules of the different EU-supported programs, as well as of other funding / donor organizations.
Your Profile: Qualifications and Required Skills
Education: University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or equivalent.
Minimum three (3) years of experience on a similar position in financial management of project-based contracts and budgets. Exposure to different donor practices is highly desirable. Good knowledge of grant administration and management, including budgeting of project proposals and cost reporting of projects.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office package: excellent Excel spreadsheet knowledge.
• Language Skills: English - excellent written and conversational skills.
• Understanding of the non-profit sector is an advantage.
• Our finance team needs you to be a team player who can work independently.
We offer: competitive remuneration and good opportunity for professional development in an international setting.
Application Deadline: 6 December 2020
Starting date: as soon as possible, not later than 1 Feb 2021
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Terms: Full-time position. Currently we can offer a two-year fixed-term contract with the perspective of extension based on performance and funding availability.
Dear candidates, if you are interested in the position, please send us a current CV. Confidentiality is guaranteed. Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting documents such as diplomas, certificates or contact information of referees might be requested on demand.